Rob Shainess is a trial lawyer with a particular focus on resolving real estate, construction, and business disputes. Rob’s clients range from individual property owners to national banks, and everyone in between. Rob is proud to have been named a Rising Star in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Before founding Capstone Law, Rob spent seven years as a real estate and construction litigator with one of Minnesota’s largest elite law firms. In 2011, Rob set out to start his own firm, believing that he could offer his clients better value if he shed the bloat associated with large firms.
Rob grew up in Connecticut, and received his undergraduate degree from Ithaca College in upstate New York. After college, Rob moved to Minnesota to attend law school at the University of Minnesota. While attending law school, Rob met his wife, a Minnesota native. They now live in the Twin Cities with their daughter and twin sons.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. 2003, cum laude
- Ithaca College, B.A., 2001, magna cum laude
- Graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Construction Section Member
- Speaker, Contracting Musts: Top Contract Provisions For Custom Home Builders, Builders Association of the Twin Cities, 2016 and 2017
- Speaker/Author, A Minnesota Mechanic’s Lien Primer, Builders Association of the Twin Cities, 2015
- Speaker/Author, Responding To Construction Defect And Warranty Claims, Builders Association of the Twin Cities, 2015
- Speaker/Author, Top 6 Common Commercial Lease Disputes and How To Avoid Them, Minnesota Bar Association’s Real Estate Institute, 2014 and 2016
- Speaker, Commercial Lease Round Table,Minnesota Bar Association’s Real Estate Institute, 2014 and 2016
- Speaker/Author, Who Owns It? The Most Common Claims When Ownership or Use of Property Is In Question, Minnesota CLE, 2011
- Speaker, ConsensusDOCS Contracts-Overview and Use, National Association of Minority Contractors-Midwest Division, 2009
- Speaker, Top Contract Provisions for Subcontractors, National Association of Minority Contractors-Midwest Division, 2008
- Speaker, Basics of Residential Eviction Defense, Volunteer Lawyers Network, 2005