Landlord Tenant Law
Eviction and Rent Collection
Rob Shainess represents commercial property owners and tenants in landlord-tenant disputes of all types. Rob has handled eviction and rent collections for large commercial landlords, and has defended commercial tenants against rent collection actions. Rob’s ability to see both sides of a case make him a valuable asset to his clients.
Rob’s representative eviction and rent collection experience:
- Representing a large commercial property owner in eviction and collection cases. Rob has represented one of the Midwest’s largest owners of retail property in eviction and rent collection matters throughout Minnesota.
- Representing a commercial property owner in a complex eviction case. Rob represented a commercial property owner in an eviction where the tenant claimed to own an interest in the property. Rob and his team took the case all the way to trial, where they proved that the tenant had no ownership right in the property.
- Representing owners of residential rental property in evictions. Rob represented a residential property management company in an eviction of a tenant for noise violations.
Rob Shainess frequently represents commercial landlords and tenants in complex lease disputes. Rob has handled cases involving disputes over:
- Lease renewals
- Lease extensions
- Options on additional space
- Determining “fair market rent”
- Exclusivity provisions
Rob’s representative lease dispute experience:
- Representing a retail tenant concerning its exclusive right to sell certain products at the Mall of America. Rob represented a retail tenant in negotiations with the Mall of America to enforce a lease provision that gave the tenant an exclusive right to sell certain products in the mall.
- Representing a commercial landlord in a dispute over the value of rental property. Rob represented a property owner in an arbitration to prove the amount of rent that the tenant owed under a “fair market value” provision in the lease.
Rob also frequently teaches about Minnesota landlord tenant law and how to best resolve lease disputes.
Call Rob today for a free consultation about your landlord-tenant dispute.